Photos via Casacareri Home Designs
Kitchen renovations are one of the most complex projects to plan and execute – and the most expensive. This is why it is useful to have a qualified person kitchen remodeling professional it’s just a click away, like the kind you’d find with The pros of the amNY house.
The average cost of a new kitchen has many variables, of course. Building requirements, permits, design, materials and fixtures can drive up the average cost. But here are the general starting costs for remodeling a kitchen in New York City, according to Sweeten Renovations:
Budget kitchen renovation: Starting at $25,000
Intermediate renovation: Starting at $35,000
High-end renovation: Starting at $65,000
Of course, changes to the project increase costs. Here’s the process a kitchen remodel goes through, along with a timeline for each step:
- Stripping and demolition: stripping of walls, cabinets, flooring, light fixtures, etc. 1 to 3 days
- Rough work: may include moving plumbing fixtures or electrical outlets, or establishing a central island. 2-5 weeks
- Professional inspection: A county inspector certifies the work for safety. One day
- Approvals for co-op and condominium boards. 1-2 weeks
- Finish the walls: Install drywall and prime it. 1-2 weeks
- Installation of doors and windows: Waterproofing/insulation and mouldings, interior and exterior. 1-2 days
- Installation of cabinets and plumbing fixtures: includes new counters, sink, faucet and garbage disposal. Want specially made countertops? It will add time. 3 days – 3 weeks
- New Appliances: Includes everything from basics (microwave, stove, refrigerator) to luxury items, such as a wine cooler or water filtration system. 1-3 days
- Install new flooring: we prefer to do this at the end of a kitchen renovation to ensure that no new flooring is damaged from bringing in heavy appliances, dropping tools, etc. . Lead times vary slightly by material; for example, wood takes longer than ceramic tile. 3-6 days
Looking for other pros, like shippers Where entrepreneurs? To verify The pros of the amNY house. Each listing includes project galleries, biographical information, testimonials, and contact information so you can contact them directly.
Are you a home service professional looking for exposure to an engaged audience of millions of monthly visitors? Sign up for NYC Home Pros Here. Schneps does not charge any fees for work you book through the service.